AT its meeting on 5th November the Brierley Hill Town Centre Partnership was pleased to hear that Dudley Council are continuing to press ahead with the ‘full’ bid for Town Centre improvements to Advantage West Midlands.
The written document should be completed by 1st December and be with the AWM before Christmas.
The bid will:
- Enable new routes from the High Street to the new Health and Social Care Centre, College, car parks and public transport stops making it easier and quicker to walk around the area;
- Provide new trees for the town centre;
- Widen pavements to allow for pull in areas for deliveries to shops and bus stops;
- Provide new street furniture: chairs, cycle racks, bins and improved signposting;
- Introduce new high quality paving for the High Street;
- Introduce a new ‘Southern Gateway’ for the town and address the problem with the leaning wall beneath the war memorial;
- Improve the Northern Entrance to the town with the provision of new public art.