Brendan Hawthorne – a Black Country poet – will facilitate a workshop for Civic Society members and others (visitors welcome) on Monday 21st February at 5.30pm. There is a change to our normal venue and we will meet at ARTS SPACE, MILL STREET, BRIERLEY HILL .
We are exceedingly lucky in that Suzanne Carter from English Heritage has laid on the special event for us as part of its ‘Brierley Hillness’ project.
Brendan Hawthorne – a Black Country poet – will facilitate a workshop.
The workshop will involve working with the group to look at what is special and distinctive about BH – what are the buildings, spaces and places that make BH the town that it is. The end product may be a collective poem, short piece of writing or just a brain storming session culminating in lots of ideas and words.
Brendan has asked that members do a tiny bit of preparation to get the session started and bring with them one of the following to share with the group:
- A photo of a place in Brierley Hill that is special
- A newspaper cutting about something which sums up the town
- A photo of themselves standing outside their favourite building or place in Brierley Hill
- A memory or story (max 2 mins) about what makes Brierley Hill special or unique
- A description of the town (max 2 mins) using visual images, colours, smells and sounds
Or finish the sentence. “Brierley Hillness is…”
Hopefully this will be a terrific event and really enjoyable.
Please pass on the invitation to anyone you think may be interested.