I am delighted to invite you to the next meeting of Brierley Hill Civic Society which takes place on Monday 18th November 2013, at St Michael’s Church, Bell Street South, Brierley Hill.
Our speaker is the renowned Graham Fisher M.B.E. Graham will be talking on “More Miles Than Venice: an appreciation of the canals of Birmingham and the Black Country”, with some special highlights regarding Brierley Hill.
For those who know such things Graham is a highly regarded speaker. As one paper put it:
Spend just a few moments in Graham Fisher’s company and you quickly realise he is an extraordinarily engaging Black Country character – offering informed opinions about anything from existentialism to the current economic doldrums.
I do hope you can make what should be an absolutely fascinating talk.
The agenda for the meeting will therefore be:
- More Miles Than Venice: an appreciation of the canals of Birmingham and the Black Country – a talk by Graham Fisher MBE
- Minutes of the previous meeting (see below)
- Matters arising not elsewhere on the agenda
- Treasurer’s report
- Brierley Hill in Bloom update
- Brierley Hill Christmas Festival
- Brierley Hill Community Forum merger
- Information exchange
- Any Other urgent business
I do hope you can make the meeting which should be fascinating for all of those interested in the past, present and future of Brierley Hill. Look forward to seeing you on Monday.
[button link=”http://sdrv.ms/16VaNA3″]Minutes of BHCS October Meeting[/button]