To apply for a grant follow these four steps:
Step 1 – Check you are eligible for a grant
- Check your project is located in Brierley Hill Ward. You can do this by following this link and entering the postcode of where your project will take place.
- Make sure that your organisation will qualify for funding. Community and voluntary groups are eligible.
- Work out when your project will start and end. Community First does not support ongoing expenditure.
- Does your project meet one or more of the aims of the Brierley Hill panel.
Step 2 – Work out how much to apply for
- Work out how much your project will cost.
- Work out how much you will be able to contribute towards the project from your own or other resources.
- Work out how much to apply for using the formula: project cost – your contribution = amount of grant to apply for
- Grants can range from £250 to £2500
Step 3 – Work out how you will match the grant you are applying for
- Now work out how you can match the grant you are asking for. Part of the match will be your own contribution to the project. But you can also include the number of hours volunteers will contribute to making the project work. For every hour worked you can count £11.09 towards the match.
- Once you can show your match equals or exceeds the grant you are asking for you are ready to go ahead and apply for the grant
Step 4 – Apply for the grant
- Download an application form here.
- Fill it in and send email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to find out what happens next.