Dr Paul Collins spoke about the tank ‘Julian’ visiting Brierley Hill in 1918 during his recent talk to the Civic Society. A bit of online research resulted in this splendid footage from Pathé films. The first shot is of the tank at the junction of Church Street and Church Hill, next to St Michael’s Church. The action then moves to Aston Road, near Queen’s Cross in Dudley – by the cemetery. The house in the background is still there today. Many civilians seem to be wearing badges. These could well be silver badges issued to returning troops and to civilian workers in essential industries – it was important to wear these to avoid the stigma being attached to those men at home who were not fighting.